Are you READY to PLAY?
The RVH Foundation is excited to announce that we have LAUNCHED our next Catch the Ace Progressive lottery. CASH Sales only.
WEEK 13 Results
Our Week 13 Catch the Ace draw is in the books! Our weekly winner is Jim Miller from Munster. Jim bought his ticket at the Douglas Tavern. Jim had chosen Envelope # 11 which revealed the SIX of HEARTS.
Tickets are now available for purchase for WEEK FOURTEEN (14) at our 2020 Vendors. Specific safety protocols are in place to ensure everyone’s safety. We are looking forward to our WEEK 14 DRAW on Thursday November 26th at 6:00pm. We will be doing the draw live at the Renfrew Victoria Hospital and will be sharing via FACEBOOK LIVE on our facebook page; Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation.
ENVELOPE NUMBERS AVAILABLE for WEEK FOURTEEN (14).
Our 2020 Retail locations:
The lottery starts with 52 playing cards individually sealed in envelopes numbered 1 through 52. These envelopes are put on display in the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation office. Nobody knows which envelope contains the Ace of Spades – until the lucky winner catches it!
When tickets are purchased supporters will be asked to pre-select an envelope number on their ticket stub. The lucky weekly winner takes home 20% of that week’s ticket revenues and the envelope number selected on the ticket will be opened to reveal a playing card. If the card is not the Ace of Spades, the card will be destroyed and the lottery continues for another week. If the card is the Ace of Spades, the weekly winner also win the progressive jackpot! The progressive jackpot grows each week with 30% of weekly ticket sales revenue being added in.
Where can I get tickets?
Tickets are available for $5 each (cash only) and will be available at the following locations:
- Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation 499 Raglan Street North, Renfrew, ON K7V 1P6
- Ray’s Flowers 266 Raglan St S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1R4
- Renfrew Printing 173 Raglan St S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1R2
- Gourley’s Variety 1564 ON-132, Renfrew, ON K7V 3Z5
- Irving’s Pump and Munch Convenience 357 Stewart St, Renfrew ON K7V 143
- Home Health & Medical Supplies 200 Bruce St, Renfrew ON K7V 3Z9
- Mack MacKenzie Motors Ltd. 547 New Street, Renfrew, ON K7V 1H1
- Sterling’s NO FRILLS 680 O’Brien Road, Renfrew, ON K7V 3Z4
- Scott’s Hardware 150 Raglan St S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1R1
- Aikenhead’s Pharma Choice 226 Raglan St S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1R1
- Renfrew METRO 83 Raglan St S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1P8
- Renfrew ESSO 9 Raglan St. S, Renfrew, ON K7V 1P8
- Neat Coffee Shop 1715 Calabogie Rd, Burnstown, ON K0J 1G0
- Charbonneau’s Grocery 699 Mill Street, Calabogie, ON K0J 1H0
- Foodland Eganville 8754 Highway 50, Eganville, ON K0J 1T0
- Olmstead’s Home Hardware 98 Main St,Cobden ON, K0J 1K0
How to play
2020 Catch The Ace RULES OF PLAY
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation Catch the Ace lottery is a progressive raffle lottery; a multiple-draw game in which participants purchase tickets for a weekly chance to win, and is managed and instituted by member of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation.
RVH Foundation Catch the Ace Tickets will be sold CASH ONLY
- Tickets are $5.00 each
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age – proof of age may be required at ticket outlets
- Tickets can be purchased with CASH only at designated locations
- Ticket DRAW time and LOCATION will be identified on the TICKET and posted where tickets are sold
- Cash tickets are in TWO parts;
one the ticket itself (retained by the purchaser) and the larger ticket stub
- Both parts of the ticket should have the same envelope number clearly written as chosen by the purchaser.
- The ticket purchaser must enter a VALID Envelope number from the list of available numbers remaining in play published for that week’s draw.
- The ticket purchaser will be responsible to ensure that the ticket and stub are FILLED OUT CORRECTLY and LEGIBLY.
- Group tickets must have ONE full name printed clearly on the front of ticket designated as the captain. With captain in brackets beside. That individual is then responsible for dispersal of winnings to group. The group name to be printed clearly on the back of ticket.
- The use of sticker labels is not permitted.
- Should a bona fide member find tickets that have been physically altered in any way, those found tickets will be marked void and the bona fide member will rewrite a replacement ticket to be entered into the current draw
- Each weekly ticket batch will be unique from draw to draw (in number sequence, color of tickets and weekly draw number). There will be NO duplication of ticket numbers per weekly draw under the license. Tickets will be purchased and the ticket numbers will be logged for each draw and cross referenced prior to selling tickets.
- Cash tickets will be sold on a weekly basis starting Thursday evening at the end of the current draw and terminating the next week on Thursday evening 5:45pm at the draw location.
- Tickets will be sold on a weekly basis at designated cash locations until 12:00pm on the day of the draw. Tickets will be available for purchase at the Draw Location until 5:45pm with the draw commencing at 6:00pm.
- The tickets are ONLY eligible and valid for the weekly draw in which they were purchased.
- The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation reserves the right to limit the number of tickets sold to an individual or group of people per weekly draw.
- The Catch the Ace Draw sales will continue until the ACE of SPADES has been drawn. Once that takes place, the CURRENT Catch the Ace Draw will end.
Prize money allocations will be as follows:
- Twenty percent (20%) of the
weekly sales will go directly to the winner of the ticket drawn
- Thirty percent (30%) of the weekly sales will be added to the PROGRESSIVE PRIZE Jackpot
- Fifty percent (50%) of the weekly sales will be allocated to the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
- Should the winner of the ticket
chosen have selected the envelope containing the ACE of SPADES, the winner will
- The Twenty percent (20%) of the weekly sales
- The total rising Progressive Jack pot of monies including the Thirty percent (30%) of the proceeds from the sale of the tickets in the current weekly draw.
- If in the event, an invalid Envelope number was identified on the winning ticket stub, the next LOWEST Envelope number to the Envelope number identified on the winning ticket would be determined as the SELECTED ENVELOPE. If the next lowest number is not available, then the next closest envelope will be determined as the SELECTED ENVELOPE. If there is no number indicated, the lowest available number will be selected.
DRAW BOARD PREPARATION:
- A minimum of two (2) Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation bona fide members must participate in the Draw Board preparation
- Before commencing the lottery ticket sales, a deck of fifty-two (52) playing cards will be randomly shuffled and left face down.
- Without being revealed, each of the playing cards will be placed in identical, envelopes that are sealed
- The envelopes will then be shuffled.
- The envelopes will then be given a number label marked from one (1) to fifty-two (52)
- The envelopes will be placed in numerical order in a LOCKED display case that will act as the DRAW BOARD.
- The DRAW BOARD will always be under the care of a Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation bona fide member in a securely locked office accessible only to the Executive Director.
- Weekly ticket draws will be CONDUCTED and MANAGED by a minimum of two (2) bona fide members of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
- One (1) bona fide member of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation will announce the draw details, and then proceed to DRAW the winning ticket from the Raffle drum, announce the weekly winner from the drawn ticket and announce the envelope number chosen.
Immediately prior to each draw the following will be announced to those present and publically via facebook live
- The number of the current
- The Ticket Sales of the current weekly Draw
- The Draw Prize (Twenty Percent (20%) of the weekly sales)
- The current Progressive Jackpot amount (including the Thirty percent (30%) from the weekly sales for the current draw)
- Cumulative proceeds to the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation.
- The other bona fide member of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation will; shake the draw drum to mix the tickets, open the locked draw board, remove the chosen envelope, lock the draw board, open the sealed envelope, and remove and reveal and announce the card from within the chosen envelope, and destroy the revealed card. This member will also call the number on the winning ticket to inform the winner of the prize amount and how to claim their prize.
- Those two (2) bona fide members who conduct and manage the draw MUST NOT HAVE A TICKET IN THE DRAW IN THEIR NAME or have someone purchase a ticket for them in their name for that weekly draw.
- The bona fide member drawing the winning ticket MUST NOT have purchased, or have had someone purchase a ticket for them in their name for that weekly draw.
- Other than those listed above, all other people assisting in the weekly draw, including a bona fide members of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation who are NOT conducting/managing the draw, will be eligible to have a ticket in the draw in their name.
- Ticket draws will take place at 6:00pm every Thursday. It is guaranteed that the draw will not take place prior to this time. However, depending on a number of factors, it may take place after this time. Organizers will do their best to keep as close to 6:00pm as possible, though delays are possible and at times inevitable. Should there be a need to cancel a regularly scheduled ticket draw; potential participants will be notified on our website www.rvhfoundation.com, through our Facebook page: Renfrew Victoria Hospital and on our dedicated Catch the Ace website at www.rvhfoundationcatchtheace.ca
- At 6:00pm, one (1) ticket will be randomly drawn from all tickets sold in the week leading up to the current draw. The name of the winning ticket holder will be announced along with the envelope number chosen.
- The winning ticket holder will receive the weekly prize amounting to twenty percent (20%) of the weekly draw ticket sales.
- The draw board will be unlocked and the envelope number chosen on the winning ticket will be removed from the draw board and the draw board will be relocked.
- The envelope with the chosen number shown on the winning ticket will be opened and the card contained within revealed, announced, and after which, that card is destroyed.
- If the ACE of SPADES is selected, in addition to winning the prize from the draw, the ticket purchaser will win the progressive jackpot.
- The ticket purchaser drawn does NOT have to be in attendance to win.
CARD DRAW WEEK 51
- If the lottery proceeds until week Fifty-one (51), that is, when there are just two (2) unopened envelopes remaining. At that draw the winning ticket holder will receive the weekly prize of twenty percent (20%) of the weekly ticket sales. If the ACE of SPADES is NOT selected from the first winning ticket drawn, another ticket(s) will be drawn to conclude the lottery.
- This subsequent ticket and all subsequent tickets drawn after the first ticket WILL NOT WIN the weekly prize.
- If the subsequent ticket drawn does NOT have the same number as the single remaining unopened envelope number, that ticket shall be discarded and another ticket drawn. This requirement on Draw 52 to correctly guess the remaining envelope number will be the only time the correct envelope number must be selected in advance.
- Draws will continue to be made until the ticket drawn has the envelope number that reveals the ACE of SPADES. The person with that winning ticket shall be declared the Progressive Jackpot winner.
- With the ACE of SPADES drawn, the series of draws for this raffle lottery will end.
- All draws will be video
recorded and available to the licensing authority upon request. The video recording will be in high
definition at least 720p in a well-lit environment with unobstructed views of
all raffle activities including:
- Selection of the winning draw ticket
- Selection of the envelope by the bearer on the winning ticket
- Reveal of the playing card in the selected envelope
- Destruction of the playing card
- All video recordings will be maintained for at least thirty (30) calendar days from the draw date, after which time they may be deleted or destroyed as determined by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission Guide for the raffle.
- Any winning ticket holder who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation an irrevocable right to publish through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet for purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. The winning ticket holder who is paid a prize also gives the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide. The winning ticket holder shall have no claim against the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation for invasion of privacy or any other grounds by reason of the publication or broadcasting their name, hometown or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
- If it is deemed that at any point during the Lottery, the bona fide members who are conducting and managing the draw cannot ensure the safety of participants, staff, volunteers and the public through every reasonable measure has been taken, those bona fide members will conclude the current lottery on the following Tuesday.
After Weekly Draw Details
- Tickets are valid only for the draw for which they are purchased. Once the draw is completed, the non-winning tickets are removed from the raffle drum. A new series of tickets will be sold for the next draw.
- After each draw that does NOT produce the ACE of SPADES, the remaining envelopes with the cards in them will be kept in a secure location.
- At the conclusion of each draw, all non-winning tickets will be removed from the drum, and (together with all remaining unsold tickets for that draw) retained and destroyed after thirty (30) days.
- At the conclusion of each draw, the WEEKLY Winner will be contacted by a bona fide member of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation and the WEEKLY Winner will be announced publically on our FACEBOOK Page; Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation, on our website www.rvhfoundation.com and on our dedicated Catch the Ace website at www.rvhfoundationcatchtheace.ca
- All weekly winners along with associated weekly prize allocations and Progressive Jackpot will be available to the public on our FACEBOOK Page; Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation website www.rvhfoundation.com and RVH Foundation dedicated Catch the Ace website at www.rvhfoundationcatchtheace.ca
- Winning tickets will remain on file in accordance with the requirements of the raffle license.
- A record will be kept of all draws, including the sequence of ticket numbers and other characteristics of tickets in play (colour of tickets, weekly identifiers etc)
- The Rules of Play will be made available to all participants through our website www.rvhfoundation.com on our dedicated Catch the Ace website at www.rvhfoundationcatchtheace.ca and at the draw venue.
- All funds raised, less
allowable expenses, will support the purchase of programs and capital equipment
for the Renfrew Victoria Hospital through the registered charity operating in
Renfrew, Ontario; the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
- CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: 88986 3999 RR0001
- The Catch the Ace report Form 6044E, along with all supporting documentation will be submitted to the licensing authority within seven (7) calendar days after every fourth draw.
- Any and all concerns or complaints with this process are to be brought to the attention of the licensee: Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation, 499 Raglan St N, Renfrew, ON K7V 1P6
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation reserves the right to publish a photo and/or name of the winning ticket holder each week on our Facebook page, website and any or all local media outlets at our discretion.
The published RULES OF PLAY may be updated as the Draw takes place, and as such will be posted at the location of the draw.
Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-888-230-3505