The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation is seeking expressions of interest from the community to fill vacancies on its Board of Directors.
As the charitable arm of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital, the Foundation raises awareness so donors can make informed decisions in support of their community healthcare. The Renfrew Victoria Hospital and Foundation are dedicated to ensuring that all community members have access to the greatest health care available by inspiring action from Renfrew and surrounding area residents.
We are committed to making a difference in the lives of residents by supporting innovation in equipment, facilities and programs.
Serving on the Foundation Board would enable you to be part of providing and expanding access to these much-needed services for the people of Renfrew and surrounding areas.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
Here are the skills and characteristics we are looking for in prospective Board members:
- Commit to the mission and vision of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
- Willingness to commit to serving a minimum of one (1), two-year term. Be free to fulfill the attendance and other time-related requirements. Commitment is approximately 3 hours per month and includes Board and committee meetings.
- Possess a strategic outlook with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide objective and independent counsel to the Board and its directors.
- Contribute in the areas of board governance, resource development (capital and program fundraising), strategic planning, finance.
- Serve on a committee(s).
- Support special events as required.
- Act as an ambassador of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation to external stakeholders.
In addition to the above, a review of the skills and background mix of our current Board members indicates that we need Board members with skills in the following areas:
- Investment/Financial Management
If you are interested in joining our Board, please send a brief letter outlining your interest and qualifications by Friday, June 8 at 1 pm to Sarah Robinson, Executive Director, Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 613-432-4851 x 263.